Basic usageHow do I set myself 'out'?To set yourself 'out' just click on your name. To mark yourself back 'in' click on your name again.How do I set a different location?Click on the menu button to the right of your name, enter your location in the 'location' field and click on 'Out'.How do I set when I'll be back?Click on the menu button to the right of your name, click on a return time, return day, or enter whatever return time you want into the 'Custom return time' field.Can I change other people's status?If your company admin or team admin has enabled this option then you will be able to change the status of other people in the team the same way you can change your own. If clicking on your team members name doesn't do anything, you will need to talk to your internal support person to enable this function.How do I view other teams?Click on the menu button to the top left of the window. Any teams you are permitted to see will be shown in the menu.Is my company using the In/Out Board to track me?No. Virtual In/Out Board specifically does not have any tracking or logging ability. It is designed as a communication tool, not a tracking or time-sheet tool.
What devices can I use to access by In/Out Board?Virtual In/Out Board will work on any modern web browser or device, including Internet Explorer 9+, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Android and iOS. All devices will instantly sync with each other, across desktop, tablet and phone. You do not need to install an app for tablets and phones, it will work through your web browser - you can add the site to your homescreen for quick access if you want (see here for instructions on how to do this). Do you have an app for iOS or Android?No, because an app isn't necessary. Virtual In/Out Board is built using modern web technology so all you need is a browser on any device. On iOS and Android you can add the website to your homescreen so you have a handy icon to launch it from, and then it will open in fullscreen so it will look just like an app. See here for instructions on how to do this. How can I view more than one team at once?Open this page in your browser then you can split the page into as many views as you like. In the top-right corner of that page the button will add an extra column.
What's the difference between a Company Admin and Team Admin?Company Admins can do anything to any team and change other company-wide settings, but Team Admins can only edit their own teams. See Admins & Delegation for more details. How do I add users?There are three ways to add users:
Users you create will be sent an email to verify their email address.
- To add a user direct to a team, click on the configure button next to the team in the main menu then either create a new user or add an existing user to the team.
- To add a user without adding them to a team, click on the ' Add user' option in the main menu.
- To add lots of users at once, click on the 'Import' menu option.
What is 'member', 'view', 'set', and 'admin' in the Add Users page?These are the different permission levels users can have in the team:
- member - user is a member of the team and will appear in the team list and can also view the team.
- view - user can view the team even if they aren't a member.
- set - user can set other people's status in the team. Might be useful if you want an assistant to set people's status if they call in sick, etc.
- admin - user is an admin of the team, they can add/remove users and create child teams (if permitted in the Company Settings).
How do I rename a user?How do I rearrange or sort users in a team?To move a user in the list, go to the Edit Team list and drag the drag handles next to a user's name. To sort the users in the team click on the Sort button .How do I add teams?To add a team, click on the ' Add Team' option in the main menu.How do I group teams by Department?First create a team for the Department. Then when you are adding a team, start typing the Department's name in the 'Parent team' field and select it from the list.
- Click on the configure button in the main menu next to the user's team.
- In the 'Edit Team' screen, 'USERS' tab, click on the user's name and you'll be able to edit it.
I've already added a team, how to I move it into a Department?
- Click on the configure button next to the team in the main menu.
- Select the 'TEAM SETTINGS' tab.
- In the 'Team name & parent' box, enter the Department's name in the 'Parent team' field and select it from the list.
- Click on 'RENAME TEAM'.
How can I have our In/Out Board on a display on the wall and let all users set their status?
- First create a 'Kiosk Account'.
- Add the kiosk account to the team you want on the wall, giving it the 'set' permission.
- On the kiosk terminal, log in using the kiosk account email address and password.
Our company has lots of staff, how can I add them all easily?See our import feature, there's plenty of help and some examples there. How can I control which teams people can see?Company Admins can change this in the Company Settings page. The options are:
- Users can see all teams - This is the default setting.
- Users can see other teams under the same parent - This allows teams to see the other teams in their department, but not other departments.
- If neither of these options are selected, then employees will only be able to see teams they are in (and teams they have been given view or set privileges for).
How much does it cost?At Virtual In/Out Board you only pay a low monthly fee for the users you have. See our pricing page for more details.How do I pay?You can pay using most major credit cards.When will I be charged?When you sign up to Virtual In/Out Board you will get a 30 day free trial. Towards the end of the 30 days we will send you an email requesting payment based on the number of users you currently have. You can pay monthly or annually and will be charged at the beginning of each period. We will send you an email when your subscription is about to expire. If you choose to store your credit card in our secure vault then you can enable automatic payments, so you don't have to do anything! You can cancel your automatic payments at any time and go back to manual payments. What if need to add more users?If you are on a monthly subscription, or only have one month remaining of an annual subscription then you can keep adding as many users as you need. When your subscription renews at the end of the month you will pay for the users you have. If you are on an annual subscription you can add up to 50% more users, so you don't need to pay every time you add a user. If you need to add more than 50%, you will be directed to the Subscription page where you can update your user allowance. Can I close my account?You can cancel your account at any time at the Subscription page.